Friday, April 24, 2015

Progress so far?

Last week,(April 13th to April 18th), I was unable to learn as much Dutch as I had planned due to the fact I was preparing for UIL. Now that it's over, I want to pick up where I left off- and redo some lessons concerning the basics. Since I haven't practiced in a while, I can only remember a few words in the Dutch language.

When I began learning Dutch on Duolingo, my lessons started out with me already learning words- such as "woman", "man", "boy", "girl", etc. But I want to learn even simpler than that. What could be more simple? The alphabet, of course.


When looking at the Dutch Alphabet, I noticed their alphabet is very similar to ours. However, as I mentioned in my last post, the pronunciation contrasts.

So what is my goal this week? To learn the alphabet by heart. Learning the alphabet sounds easy to a person, but once it's a foreign language, it becomes challenging.
I will be trying to memorize sentences as well, but the alphabet is my main goal.


2 comments: